Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Where has the time gone?

Wow. It's been over a month since I posted? How did that happen? Where did the time go? All we've been doing is camping, cleaning, de-cluttering our house, landscaping, working, cleaning some more, de-cluttering some more, dealing with family tragedy, playing way too hard with our friends and listing our house to sell.

Oh yeah. So that's where the time has gone! So guess what! You get bullets! Woo-hoo!!

  • The house is listed. The sign is going in the ground today. We have de-cluttered, touch up painted and landscaped. Our realtor thinks that it will sell very quickly. We stand to make $75,000.00 profit off of it. In 2 years. Amazing to me.
  • We bought a little camper for ourselves. It's old (1986) and 19 foot but it's in great shape, can sleep all 4 of us very comfortably and everything works! We got a killer deal on it. And best of all? When it's raining in Montana and we're camping? Now we're dry! AND I don't have to pee in the woods anymore!
  • My Uncle Al tragically lost a battle with cancer last Friday. He was my surrogate dad growing up. Since my bio-dad was nowhere around for most of my formative years, if I needed a daddy talk, my mom would call Uncle Al. Even though they lived 1000 miles away, I always knew that he (and my Aunt Gwen (my mom's sister and Al's wife)) would be there in a hearbeat if I needed them. I always knew how proud they were of me. That's a great feeling to have. He was diagnosed at the end of March and went very quickly. Teenage Boy and I leave tomorrow morning and are driving to South Dakota for the funeral. We come home on Monday. It's going to be horribly sad but, through it all, I know there will be lots of laughter. That's just the way my family is. We make sure it's all about the good memories intermingled with the tragedy. And one thing my family knows well is tragedy. My cousin lost her husband 2 years ago. This is her dad. It sucks.
  • Last but definitely not least, Teenage Boy graduates from 8th grade today. I can't believe it! I just keep remembering him in his little frog shorts and t-shirt on his first day of kindergarten. He was so stinkin' cute and still is. I'm very proud of him! He turns 14 on Saturday and I'll be 31 on Sunday. Amazing how time flies.
OK, I've got a ton of stuff to do before I leave. I'll update more from the road, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Yes, my dear it HAS been a month, and we've missed you. Or I have, at least, but you know that, right?

_thats one HELL of a profit! I'd be selling too!

_Congrats on the camper..I don't care how old it is, it's gotta beat a tent! Yay for indoor crappers!

_I'm so sorry about your Uncle Al. Please be safe of your road trip!

_Congrats teenage boy!

Love ya sweet cheeks, I hope things calm down for you and things return to normal soon so we can start hearing from you more!

Well-heeled mom said...

Our house is on the market, so I know the chaos of which you speak. Drive carefully, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about you Uncle, cancer is a horrible disease.