Monday, December 22, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Oooooh, I know! I will thank the incredibly amazing Punk Rock Dad. He done gave me a badge! Wanna see it?
I know you do. Here's how it was given to him:
But. (you knew there was going to be one...) because he is just that hardcore, he had to change it. Here's his new version...
Personally? I like his version WAY better. That is the one that I'm posting on my page, yo.
Let's see, I think there were rules with this too (scampers off to PRD's site to try to figure it out.)
THE RULES (gag)
1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.
Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. To add the award to your post, simply right-click, save image, then “add image” it in your post as a picture so your winners can save it as well. To add it to your sidebar, add the “picture” gidget. Also, don’t forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.
Allrighty then. Seems pretty clear cut. Not that I'll follow them. But I'll do my best.
My 5 addictions:
1. Music. I always have a song in my head and a drum beat in my heart. As some can attest, it doesn't always have to be good music either. I have been known to channel really bad elevator muzak if someone (you know who I'm looking at) asks me to hold on a second.
2. Sex. I don't know why, I just do.
3. Caffeine. Coffee until noon, diet coke or diet mountain dew after that. If I don't have some form of caffeine within 1/2 hour of waking up, I end up with a killer headache. I've been an addict since I was little so whoever said it might stunt your growth? Yeah, they might have been onto something.
4. The internet. I am connected. All the time. Between my desktop at work, my desktop at home, my laptop at home and my blackberry, I can cyber stalk whomever I chose 24/7. It almost makes me twitch to head out into the mountains. I have to force myself. But I do go. I need to get away sometimes.
5. Books. I inhale lit. That is all.
Fabulous other blogs:
1. Dawn is amazing. The girl has been through some serious shit and is still muddling her way through with grace. And snark. My kind of girl.
And you know what? I'm going to stop there. While there are other blogs that I like, I kinda only want to nominate Dawn.
Damn, I'm such a rebel aren't I?
Monday, December 01, 2008
I made it through the shopping day. I survived. I did actually get some good bargains. And only shoulder checked one older lady who REFUSED to move her body and her cart out of the way. I asked her politely to please excuse me like 5 times. She finally turned around and said, "Do you think if you keep asking, I'll move?" Then she laughed. Then I knocked her out of the way. What can I say? Can you blame me? It was at that point that I decided I needed a time out and went out to the car and took a nap.
SUCH not a shopper, am I.
OK, now that the graceful transition is complete, I am thrilled to let you know that I was nominated for an award. Of course, I don't have the brain power to finish it right now BUT I will later. The awesome Punk Rock Dad nominated me. He's fun. Grrrr.
I'll be back later to tell you ALL about it!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
So I've been tagged. Which is good. It's an easy way to chase the cobwebs out of my mind and get down to the serious business of blogging the holidays in Montana. With my family. And my inlaws. And the joy of combining them all together. Really not enough alcohol in the world to make it pleasant.
The sexy Dawn over at Punch Drunk has tagged me. By name even! She said it was nothing personal, that it all was how I fell in her flickr contact list but, DAMN, you should have seen the way she was talking to me! She's straight up mean!
And away we go...
Go to your sixth picture folder
Select the sixth picture
Tell the story behind the picture
And here’s what I found:
OK, first of all, I don't follow directions well. I recently got a new laptop and it only has 3 photo folders on it as of yet. So I went to flickr. I picked the most appealing set (the random one) and picked the 6th photo in it.
This picture was taken in 2006. Right after Thanksgiving, actually. We (this is my husband and I, just in case someone doesn't know) were out at my parents house sledding and looking for a Christmas tree to cut down. This was an arms length photo that I took of us right after a sledding run. It was a very good day.
There's the fluff of this meme. Here's the dirt. This was before my husband started drinking again. This was before I started having any medical issues. This was not too long after Little Boy was diagnosed Celiac and we were so happy to just have a healthy little boy for the first time. Mancub was 13. And shorter than me. Those were the good ol' days. Since starting this I've been racking my brain, trying to come up with a time since then that I was happy and felt that my marriage was healthy. And I can't.
So there it is. And since this is not quite the happy fluffy meme I was hoping for, I'm only going to tag one person.
Because Aunt Becky totally called me out, yo.
Aunt Becky, You're on.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
I'm sure I'll be back soon.
In the interim, I find it highly odd that the number one google search term that brings people here is "48 hour hangover". Perhaps I shouldn't look at that too closely. Might send me to rehab.