Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Just can't get enough

The main problem with working in the same office as your spouse is that you work in the same office with your spouse. Therefore, if (when?) you fight at home, you just can't. get. away from him. Too much togetherness.

My husband has started a job at my radio station. He is selling advertising and is doing a great job at it. He's got the exact right personality to do it. I would hate it with the hate of an opera singer and fat lady jokes. But he's good at it. The problem is that he keeps asking me questions. I don't do that. I don't train new employees. I don't have time for that. And I'm struggling. I want to go back into my coccoon in my corner and let the secretary train him. It is likely I'm going to kill him before it's over. My worlds have collided.

And on Mondays like yesterday, when we were fighting (over socks, no less) before we even got to work, it sucks even more. I like to watch him walk around in the office because it's great eye candy but he's so stubborn that he just drives me nuts. And we're together all the time. All. The. Time.

Hold me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate. My wife and I used to work on the SAME TEAM, but then she got a new job, as did I later, but we still work for the same company. Well starting MOnday, she will be at the same location as I am, a different building, but still connected. We wont see each other all day, but will drive together, and eat lunch together.

DD said...

If you don't tell him now, it'll get worse. Set your boundaries now or face the very real possibility that you could merge into one person w/a split personality.

Jessie said...

Dude. Scary. We've been told that we kinda look alike, which is creepy enough but wow. I never considered that risk.