Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Nervous traveler

I leave tomorrow for points midwest and flat. It's just the boys and I. I'm a little bit nervous about it. Simply because it's 1000 miles one way and just me and teenage boy and little boy. Do you know how mad it makes me that I'm freaked out??? I am supposed to be a strong woman. I love my husband and I need him but I don't NEED him, you know? But I wish he was going with me.

We leave at 3:00 pm. 8 hours tomorrow and 8 hours on Thursday.

Any words of advice? When you have traveled by yourself, what has worked for you?

3 comments:

DD said...

Dammit! Blogger ate my comment. I'll try an abreviated version:

DVD player
portable radio w/ear plugs
Magna Doodle / Leap Pad / Portable Play Station thingy
Cooler w/snacks & drinks
Blankets & Pillows
Paper & Colored Pencils
Disposable Cameras (they'll be done with those in about 30 minutes, but they are fun for the kids)

Plan on stopping at playgrounds and parks so they can get out and burn off pent up energy.

Anonymous said...

I hate traveling by myself too. Just take it slow, stop when it is light and provide plenty of entertainment!!

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »