Thursday, February 22, 2007

Didya miss me?

It seems like I haven't posted in a long, long time. I guess it has been a few days. We've just been so busy with re-entry and stuff. Joe is still unbelievably jetlagged. He's slept maybe 3 hours a night since he got home. It was an amazing experience for him. He's ready to go back today. I've set him up with his own flickr account so if you're interested he's one of my contacts. He hasn't added any descriptions yet but you can kinda tell what you're seeing. Lots of smiling babies faces.

It's actually been really hard having him home. I hadn't realized how used to being alone I had gotten. I feel like the boys and I got into a good pattern and now that dad's home again, it threw a wrench in it. Ah well...we'll get back to where we were. It's been hard for the boys too. More so than I thought it would be. For the first time in their lives, I'm the one they want! Woot! Joe and I are going to go away on Saturday night. Not far, just to the next town. We rented a suite in a hotel and we're going to go out to dinner. It will be nice to have some alone time.

2 comments:

Well-heeled mom said...

When my husband and I were first living together he worked the night shift. When he got a day job it was so hard on me. I would get so frustrated because he was invading my space and interfering with my routine. It didn't last long, but we still laugh about that transition.

Robin said...

Why yes, I certainly did.

Joes pictures are awesome, comments would be better, but it looks like he has a good experience.

I hope things settle down and you guys get used to each other again.